WELCOME TO THE PORTAGE GOLF CLUB
WELCOME BACK FOR THE 2014 SEASON
The annual members meeting will take place July 14, 2014, 6:00pm at the clubhouse.
ALL MEMBERS ARE WELCOME!!
The golf course was built on a site that was a combination pasture and rubbish dump. The land was littered with scrap iron and was bisected by two narrow sloughs containing 5-6 foot cattails. There were few trees on the course and the club founders planted hundreds of trees on the course to divide the fairways. The first official opening day was May 31st 1922. Fees for the first year were $20.00 for men and $10.00 for ladies The Club joined the Manitoba Golf Association in 1924 and began to sell shares in 1925 at a par value of $50.00. The Club acquired its first club house in March of 1927 when a boathouse which was situated on the south side of the Island Park bridge was purchased.