NOW OPEN FOR THE SEASON!!!!
The golf course was built on a site that was a combination pasture and rubbish dump. The land was littered with scrap iron and was bisected by two narrow sloughs containing 5-6 foot cattails. There were few trees on the course and the club founders planted hundreds of trees on the course to divide the fairways. The first official opening day was May 31st 1922. Fees for the first year were $20.00 for men and $10.00 for ladies The Club joined the Manitoba Golf Association in 1924 and began to sell shares in 1925 at a par value of $50.00. The Club acquired its first club house in March of 1927 when a boathouse which was situated on the south side of the Island Park bridge was purchased.