ALL 18 HOLES OPEN FOR PLAY!!!!
- Group size will be capped at a maximum of 4 people. This includes both those who are golfing and those who may only be riding or walking along. This includes children, non-golfers etc.
- Golfers cannot check in more than 10 minutes in advance of their tee times. You are asked to check in and proceed to the on deck area at the tee. Upon completion of play, you are asked to exit the course. There can be NO CONGREGATING AT ALL in front of the pro shop, around the clubhouse or in the parking lot.
- If you have multiple groups of friends with back to back tee times, please coordinate who will be in each tee time before arriving at the course. You cannot gather in front of the shop or at the tee to organize yourselves!
- The pro shop will be limited to 2 customers at a time for check in or in person shopping.
- The restaurant will be open for TAKE OUT & ON COURSE DELIVERY ONLY. All in person dining including indoor & patio dining will be closed.
- Hours will be limited to 11 am to 7 pm daily
- All May clinics be POSTPONED and participants will be contacted over the coming days. Staff will work to set up a schedule for June / July dates (should Public Health Orders at that time allow for them) and participants will have the option to remain in or opt for a full refund, once the new schedule is released.
The golf course was built on a site that was a combination pasture and rubbish dump. The land was littered with scrap iron and was bisected by two narrow sloughs containing 5-6 foot cattails. There were few trees on the course and the club founders planted hundreds of trees on the course to divide the fairways. The first official opening day was May 31st 1922. Fees for the first year were $20.00 for men and $10.00 for ladies The Club joined the Manitoba Golf Association in 1924 and began to sell shares in 1925 at a par value of $50.00. The Club acquired its first club house in March of 1927 when a boathouse which was situated on the south side of the Island Park bridge was purchased.